Decided to attempt to observe Lent for the next 40 days leading up to Easter. Not quite sure what 'Ash Wednesday' means all this while, actually since secondary school days. But this post by someone who also just observed her first Ash Wednesday just made my hair stand because it now makes sense to me -
"Though I am dust, Jesus died for me.Thanks to BT, I'm gonna try to go on this 40-day Journey with the Lenten devotional by The Vine Church. Today's devotion is on overcoming temptation. Hmm. Very real... very challenging. What is temptation if it weren't attractive? And does obedience count without sacrifice? At the bottom of it all, God desires obedience more than sacrifice because His ways are higher than mine and obedience seeks to protect myself, not a perverse coercion to be enslaved to Him.
Because I am dust, Jesus died for me."
No comments:
Post a Comment