While it has often been said that kids bring out the best sacrificial side of women, I think they are little mirrors that God places in our lives to show us what we are lacking too. Whenever I try to 'teach' my nephew/nieces about life in general, I find that I often catch myself saying just politically correct stuff that I know I ought to do but am lacking in. Sometimes it feels like a feeble attempt, bordering on hypocrisy even... making use of their naivety, which will eventually pass its shelf life.
For instance, when I try to tell them "you must love your sibling", & I'm reminded how pissed off I am with mine. Or, a recent example -- "I don't believe if you put your heart into doing something (study), you will not succeed", and I'm reminded of how much I'm not praying for His kingdom come and will be done.
Oh, but they boost my ego, too. Like telling me I'm not fat.... Then asking if I've been to London --- the weight mgt slimming centre. -_-" And praying for me....to have a good husband 'cos she doesn't understand why I don't have a bf. I don't have an answer either. Ha!
They definitely are placed in my life for a reason... or probably more. I just need to rub the glass and see the gems in them, and in me. :]
1 comment:
Now u noe why JM am "childlsh"!!
Itz impt to cherish and protect tt leetle bit of naivety in us ya noe!!
Courage to be different from the crwod is also impt...
Anyw!! Why is it tt JM has no bf too?! hahahahaha
Post a Comment