Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Why I Don't Twit

So. The next 'in' thing now is Twitter, eh. But I just refused to sign up for one, despite many futile attempts by Jo to do so. And recently I was cornered to give a reason. So, here are some: 

1. I have a blog. So I don't need Twitter.
2. Blogging is therapeutic; Twit isn't. 
3. I have endless white space with a fresh blog entry page; Twitter emphasizes on cutting the crap by just giving a one-liner (or half-liner) crap in the claustrophobic one-room space. 
4. A blog gives ME the space to rant and think; Twitter is about giving everyone else my space to rant. 
5. I don't have the time to be constantly logged on to report what I am doing (isn't it quite frivolous to do so, too?)... or maybe I just ain't got many interesting things to report...
6. And lastly, I don't really know how it exactly works. Can you twit with hp? I used to play with 'phlog' (phone blog). Interesting but unsustainable concept lah. And to be fair, I actually watched the video clip on Twitter explaining how it all works. 

Maybe I just don't get the point of it. 

Long live blogs.

On another note - I love my nieces! Here's us at my fave icecream shop. Ask me where!



Oh, and a pleasant discovery on YouTube =P (first half preferred over the second):

No comments: