Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Not So Cheery

Don't get me wrong. Cheer 陈绮贞's concert was surprisingly enjoyable, not that there was any doubt on the substance of the singer, but 'cos I never was really a follower. I knew only a few of her songs, and really liked maybe two before the concert? My impression of her was somewhat an alternative genre kinda singer. But she was pretty (literally, too) impressive 'live'. She inspires me to never forgo my guit... Ha. Yet my fave part of the concert was, ironically, when she sang acappella. Her voice was crisp and steady. Accentuated the sorrows in the two songs, methinks. (Hence, the title of this post. Maybe gotta do with my mood, too.)

Sad with the empty seats, though (see empty seats behind us in the pix below - taken past the concert starting time of 8pm, so it's not that people weren't streaming in yet). In my opinion, her concert's worth more than the other pop gal bands anytime. I always root for those who write their own tunes and lyrics! Besides, it was a 3-hour concert! Longest encore ever.

Rock chixes!

Check out her tattooed left arm manz!

I like the themed head gears/caps, etc.
The whole band actually wore similar gears as her!

Schweet.

Included surprise gigs like being lifted from the ground...

...and hung from the sky...


I love her K.O. part with the e-guitarist, acoustic guitarist and bassist
(my fave 'cos he played this chinese children's song that I like to sing!)!
So cool!


And finally, a clip of her
in action.
(One of the most repeated songs in my player presently.)

No comments: