Ten Days in Sydney
And so it finally arrived, a well-deserved break in Sydney that was planned 6 months ago. A timely break and visit, after the busyness at work and other emo-happenings in between. Weather has been fine since we touched down too, except for short spouts of rain/ drizzle. I'm proud to say that we managed to do quite a bit of the touristy stuff - Blue Mountains (a 3D2N stay in an old-fashioned but well-equipped and furnished lodge with a fireplace - most importantly, the clean tiled bathroom with glass shower doors!), Jenolan Caves, Coogee-to-Bondi beach walk (in the HOTTEST part of the day between 12 - 3pm!), Bondi Junction (breezed through 'cos shops close by 5pm everyday except Thursdays), Taronga Zoo and other ferry rides to nowhere in particular, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Powerhouse Museum, The Rocks (see note for Bondi Junction), Queen Victoria Building (see previous note), and some other nooks and crannies in the city.
Not forgetting the very yummilicious indonesian, vietnamese, korean, japanese and indian food. And coffee. Heh. Also met up with an old pal here for dinners. Pleasantly familiar in a foreign land.
Been very relaxing, doing nothing very much except thinking to myself and talking to God. Fine weather, He's blessed us this week. Considering it was about 40deg two weeks ago, rainy the whole of last week, this week has been miraculously fabulous with cool breeze and sunny days. :)
I think I can understand abit better why people wanna migrate here... but I heard that staying here is a different story. Don't mind visiting other parts of Oz, perhaps Perth next.
Looking forward to Hillsongs tomorrow... gonna be the last highlight of the trip. Oh, and not forgetting the shopping! I think I spent too much already. =/
Letting pictures tell the story (posting pix in gradual stages...very slow!):
The Three Sisters
Overlooking blooies
Apricot limestone curtain
Backyard of the lodge
My 1st fireplace experience!
Blooies & Friends
My fave - eggs!
No comments:
Post a Comment