Woah! After watching a few F1 races on TV (and largely not getting the game), it was my first time hearing the roaring engines tonight on home ground! Was at a fren's office on 30th floor at a building near the action, with food, drinks (self-catered lah), live streaming of the race from a UK website (with few secs of delay) on one side and live broadcast and commentary on local TV channel via a small portable TV on the other. We almost had the whole place to ourselves (except for this workaholic colleague of hers who seemed absolutely aloof and strangely disinterested in and unaffected by the whole atmosphere within the place and outside!).
I must say the whole experience was definitely quite adrenaline-pumping. I went downstairs to check out the un-windowed sounds of the deafening engines and it was pretty exhilarating. Not just for me, but also to the poor policewoman who was incessantly telling "Excuse me!!! Please get down from there!!" to people desperate enough to catch a glimpse of the action and standing at some parapet walls above the Raffles City carpark. Ha. There were also other smart money savers who brought tripod high enough to capture zooming cars above the cage by lifting the tripod legs above their heads. Quite hilarious watching these shutterbugs. Good thing for me, the camera screens acted as mini TV for us closer to the ground. Waha. Also heard a comment by this bimbo, 'So selfish!' - referring to the black screens that they attached to the cage to prevent non-paying freeloaders from watching even a bit of the race. Anyways, I think I might try to get company to the walkabout next year... and try to stand at the accident-prone area. Keke. Maybe can hear other sound effects too.
Congrats to the winning team and its sponsors. Wished I was there sharing his joy and excitement in the race. Too little, too late...
No comments:
Post a Comment