Reason for Celebration
It has been a series of overeating and feasts and stuffing of faces these two weeks. I think I need to down some yakult to help my stomach deal with the various flavours of meat, oil, sauces, etc!
Let's see... starting from my birthday last Friday:
1. Mac Big Bfast with Jude (followed by rounds of Duhz-but-fUn arcade games!)
2. Tom Yum bee hoon with generous portions of seafood and abalone-mushrooms, followed by choc souffle (with a cheesy name) at SunBistro @ old school with Pris
3. Then I went to Night Safari and ate at Ulu Ulu 'Safari' Restaurant... to eat too over-priced hawker fare. (I love the raccoons though! -- er, in the animal show, not on the plate...) Good thing the sambal stingray that I ordered was the dish of the month, and costs like $7 less at $10 (UP: $17 - but comes with rice). I topped up another $2 for a big bowl of butter rice, so essentially the discount was only $5. Better than nothing... 

4. And a choc cake from Patissier with my colleagues the day before!
5. After a burnt weekend under the non-stop drizzle/downpour (cycle repeats) at our carnival, my colleagues and I pigged out at Sakae Sushi on Mon. Bill came up to over $200 for 9 of us.6. The same night, I went for steamboat buffet with Jo, Piyong and Mich at this place near Novena Sq. Great thing about it was that there's pple to bbq the seafood in sambal/ grill-style for us! And it was hilarious with the live prawns dancing outta the bowl... and onto the floor (Mich was the brave one to wash the prawn!)...! Some drinks followed...
Anyways, this post is long overdue. I stopped halfway and couldn't really remember what I'd wanted to say... But my sec sch pals did a mini celebration for me... with dinner, decadently rich choc cake from Pan Pac with wine, prez from Crabtree & Evelyn, and company... was pretty touched, to be honest. I'm not used to being in the limelight, so to be remembered by friends of 14 years is quite a thing. :) Guess friends are one of the few things that can be forever, at least in this life.

No comments:
Post a Comment