Friday, August 26, 2005


Thankful

Been preparing for a trip to Central Asia, and I'm excited about it! Will be a once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience; one that'll definitely stretch my faith muscles. Getting flabby. =]

God has been so good... from the moment I decided to go. For one, I have a new job when I return! My (then-potential) new boss agreed to let me start work 2.5 weeks later than the original date. I was actually contemplating finding another job if he disagreed. Ha. Maybe wasn't that keen in the first place, that's why... Anyways, thank God I can save the trouble now. ;)

Then the money test came. I had only 90% of the cost covered initially. (Quite amazing to start with actually...=b) Since I've no income on the 26th of this month like I used to, securing the remaining amount of money was one problem. My friends were probably wondering if things were awrite when I asked around for ad-hoc jobs... guinea pig for their psych projects, shoe polisher, etc.. hehe. (Got a lobang to distribute 1000 flyers for $20 actually! But er, I declined... stairs frighten me. Ha!)

'Oh, you of puny faith!'
Friends and an anonymous stranger gave out of love for God, and in less than a week, half of my trip is covered - more than what I'd needed! And all without me saying or doing anything. On top of that, I wanted to get a pair of sneakers since mine's giving way (in fact, already gave way but I refused to let 'em go by forcing glue on the soles)... But couldn't manage to do so this month, so thought I'd just wear another non-water resistant pair. Guess what, I got a new pair of sneakers today! For free somemore. =) Yay. Oh, and at no cost to the person who got 'em for me too. ;) Not some Nike Air whatever but good enough to rough it out on the trip. This was really the icing on the cake.

Things aren't gonna get easier, I know. But I'll try, and I know everything's gonna be just fine. =)

No comments: