"I have no plan B."
Many a time, we take comfort in knowing that things are in our control. We rest in the knowledge that we know what to do when something fails. "Don't worry! We can always do YYY if XXX doesn't fall through! At the most, we'll just ZZZ lor..." and so on. For someone like me who is short-sighted (literally and figuratively) and takes no particular delight in applying Murphey's law of 'what can go wrong, will go wrong' in all situations, I have at most Plan A(i) only.
I admire such control freaks... i mean, meticulous, strategically wise leaders who can think of A-A (like two full rounds of A-Zs, if you know what i mean) and keep everyone happy at events, etc. Even at work, my boss expects me to have a list of eager-beaver authors at my disposal. "Do we have a back-up if Author A doesn't meet the standard?" Of course, not all who wants to write, can write; and vice versa. I'm usually more than happy that I have Author A to begin with...
While it's great to have plans, sometimes the only wise plan is to stick with Plan A, no matter what.
"Waiting on the Lord is a confident, disciplined, expectant, active, and sometimes painful clinging to God. Waiting on the Lord is the continual, daily decision to say, 'I will trust you, and I will obey you. Even though the circumstances of my life are not turning out the way I want them to, and may never turn out the way I would choose, I am betting everything on You. I have no plan B.'"
~ From "If You Want to Walk on Water, You've Got To Get Out of the Boat."
It's good to know that I do not need to have a Plan B [or even Plan A(i)!] if I'm walking in Plan Alpha. Hmmmmmm.
Sunday, April 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment