Wednesday, October 27, 2004


Strings of Steel

How exciting! Just attended the first lesson of a guitar class @ Believermusic. I had spoken with a coach before registering, seeking his opinion as to which course I should sign up for. He assessed me by asking me to play a fast and a slow song, but I was so songsheet-dependent that I just ended up playing some mixed up chords which vaguely resemble a song!

So today's my first lesson, and there were 5-6 other people in the class. All of them have been thru' the previous courses with the school, so would know basics like the funny playing styles and chords. It was still pretty manageable, since most part of it was a recap of what they had learnt in the previous course. For me, I learnt a new way of playing Bm7 (makes me wonder if I had been playing the wrong Bm7 all this while...)! And also, for the 1st time, my thumb was put to action! It wasn't just gripping to the neck of the guitar, but it served the function of creating a sound! OooooOOo boy! :) Another fun thing about this course is that it attempts to use the book of Exodus to bring us through the lessons... Kinda like following a theme? Much to learn, I'm sure.

Hopefully I can keep up in the following 7 weeks, without tearing my skin or causing my fingers to cramp and contort too much. Somehow, it feels more exciting attending the guitar class than keyboard. Or maybe I've just temporarily forgotten how exhilarated I felt at my first keyboard class. Think keyboard's easier, but I guess I still like guitar better... :)

No comments: