Sunday, October 26, 2003


Faded






What Will I Hear?

Oftentimes, we like to seek others' opinions of ourselves and know what they think of us.. as a friend/colleague/etc. We value their comments because we trust that they should be able to give us good feedback, whether they be accurate or not, after the amount of time spent together. But ironically, i don't hear of people being as anxious in hearing what their family members have to say about them, despite living with each other for years. When have you asked, "How have I fared as a sibling? As a child?"

Maybe I will hear feedback that I do not want to hear; or start off a pouring of expired grouses -- much like what would happen when the wall of a cracked dam finally gives way.

Or maybe, the worst of all cases, I will hear silence -- for that is how we have been living through each day.

No comments: