Sunday, November 9, 2008

Unspeakable Joy

My grandma got baptised yesterday!!! :D God has been really merciful to her, and to me... by granting my desire of granting salvation to my grandma. At age 96, with decades of chinese traditions and beliefs behind her, it truly is amazing to me that she confesses with her mouth that Jesus is real and that she believes in Him. 

Admitted to hospital slightly over a week ago, she was diagnosed with pneumonia. Doc wanted us to make the tough decision of whether we want to admit her to ICU or keep her in the normal ward should anything critical happen to her, as her condition could worsen anytime, said the Doc. But throughout the week, she began to get better slightly.. with the removal of the drip and reduction of oxygen supply to no need for it. Her pneumonia is clearing, but now they find her heartbeat is irregular and has to be monitored further. 

But still, she is clear-minded and prays with me to ask Jesus to heal her. :) Eternal life indeed starts the moment we believe. And truly, only God can give peace. Feels great. 

Been a long week. I start the day early and end it late, literally stretching it. So much so that things that happened just yesterday felt like they happened two days back. God has been kind, to give me the strength so far... not only dealing with my grandma's hospitalisation, but also other things in my life and family. 

It feels strange to have to detach myself from something familiar. The feeling is beginning to grow hazy, but undeniably still there. I sigh, and lift my feet to move ahead, one at a time. I have to. And I can only try to surrender, because I can't find an answer. It's like having a mind block. I try to be brave, but sometimes I overestimate myself. 

Tired. I need to go into a deep sleep. 

No comments: