Busy Sunday
I think my feet did more walking than usual today. Pretty interesting stuff that happened, including one accident!
0715: Woke up with a start (Somehow this seems to be happening more often lately, but only during weekends when I DON'T hafta wakey that time for work. Dang!) and remembered I didn't charge my phone for the day ahead. Plugged in charger to phone and went back to sleep with a grin knowing that I still have time to snoozzz...
0815: Woke up again to the dee-dee-dee alarm clock of my phone and saw 4 missed calls from BF. OOPS!! Supposed to wakey at 7.45am! Returned his call only to hear another sleepy voice. Cancelled breakfast plans to make it in time to Tampines. (Thought to myself that I could still make it downstairs for prata and coffee, but the bed beckonzzz...)
0938: Fresh and (relatively) on time, waiting downstairs.
1005: Successfully navigated the street directory to reach Tampines Mountain Bike Trail for a race. Er, just to spectatate lah. We may partner them to do something for the old folks (cool, eh!) but see how it goes lah. Saw RodMonteiro and his son, who took part in the Kids race.. so cute manz! Didn't know there was such a trail in SG. There's another one on Bt Timah Hill and Pulau Ubin -- of international standards (of 7km, and other criteria). The kids were so gungho! This little gal of about five or six was peddling rather determinedly up the steep slope, even standing up on the pedals without getting off to push the bike!! Gosh. Other than that, alot of ang mohs, mud and more mud. But, cool stuff to watch!
1138: Left the trail to grab some quick bite and get to Starhub @ Tampines Mall. But on the way there, BF turned into ONCOMING traffic!! Thank God the car wasn't speeding straight at us, though it was less than 100m away! He tried to gostan but another P-plate car followed behind and for like 5 seconds, traffic was at a standstill (except for some other cars in the next oncoming lane that were too impatient and reckless to wait)... with some driver sniggering at us. As the gan jiong driver behind was trying to reverse, he BUMPED into the traffic light and smashed the left rear lights, crumpling his bumper along with it. *Everyone say, GOSH!* Not only did he fail to impress his gal - positively - who by this time was jaw-opened, he had to raise her up by a CURB when he mounted it!! *Double GOSH!!* We could only reverse to the lane next to his and feel helpless at his plight, wondering if we should be feeling guilty for his accident......... One word: Suay!
circa 1300: Consumed some CMI meesiam and quite-ok lontong (my first, I think!) before heading to Starhub to get queue number. I got a bday promo from my insurance company to get Motorola Razr V3 at $28, provided I recontract my mum's line. I thought it was a good deal, especially since she has been complaining about using 2nd-hand phones that don't work. But later my Bro, who's a mobile phone expert, that it's a lousy phone and not worth the 2-year contract. But whatever... got liao loh, at the most sell it off if it really breaks down.
Long queue. Walked around the claustrophobic mall a bit; got some coffee from YaKun; walked around somemore; checked out other phone shops; chatted with a Turkish lecturer-turned-businessman-and-stallowner and BF bought some instant Turkish Apple Tea from him (which I suspect could be expired...) approached by a youth trying to buy 2nd-hand phones from those waiting for their turn outside Starhub, quoting slightly more for their phones than if they were to trade-in...
1415: FINALLY!! My turn! Did the necessary paperwork and pretty excited by the new phone. For myself, I'm currently eyeing the O2 Atom Life Pure White. Ooooo...
1500: Reached home and brought grandma out for late lunch @ Centrepoint. One of my fave Chinese restaurants, with good xiaolongbao and lamian. But so upset with the shopping centre... didn't even have a lift and the escalator/travellator were going so fast! I tell you, just imagine your legs are in cast one day as you walk through the malls or roads in Singapore, and you'll definitely feel that we are third-world when it comes to being a barrier-free society. I was in trepidation as I tried to hold on to my grandma to her and my dear life when she went up the heartless machines.
1630: Reached home; vacuumed; relaxed for a while. Mum came home; showed her phone; realised that she lost her SIM card! Aiyoh.... Went back to Starhub but this time at Plaza Sing. Pretty efficient, I'd say. Got a new one immediately and they waived the cost since the last time she lost it was in 2004. "Justifiable," the man said. Cool.
2000: At Ah Heng's place now, using his PC while BF and him watch soccer. Time to go liao. 'Nuff of post!
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment