Say What?
L – is for the way you look at me
O – is for the only one I see
V – is very, very extraordinary
E – is even more than anyone that you adore can…
- Nat King Cole
Yes, that’s the jingle for the pro-family, ‘ilovechildren’ campaign on TV now. But before there can be three, four or more, there has to be two first. And the love between the two is what this song is originally about. As much as I enjoy the upbeat music and heart-melting lyrics, the truth rings true –
… Love is more than just a game for two…
In fact, can love be described as a game? I think it’s a serious business. And I think too many people (perhaps even myself?) are just in love with the idea of being in love. You know, the tingling feeling, the heart-skipping moments when that special someone walks anywhere into our radar view and isn’t even looking at you, the smile that sets a 1000 ships sailing in your heart (this organ is another thing which eludes me… but I shall leave it for another day) and so on… 
I fear the day passion dies out... perhaps even replaced by regrets. I fear that there isn't even enough passion in the first place. Morbid, I know. Maybe it’s just my state of mind now.
My only hope lies in tapping from the origin and source of love. To withstand the frictions of daily living and clash of characters and opinions, to see less when you see more. 
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment