What’s Going On?
Life’s been pretty eventful in this first month of the new year, and I have a feeling that the rest of the 11 months should be just as packed, if not more. I sure hope I have the stamina to finish this year with a bagful of completed to-do lists, things that rightly justify the time and energy spent on them, and not mindless activities that merely needed someone, anyone, to do.
Having attended three lessons at the bible school, this is definitely one item to be checked on the To-Do, or rather — Must-Do, list. I’m thankful for the opportunity to learn about the bible in such an in-depth manner. I guess God heard my whines about wanting to go back to school, and surprisingly gave me the desire to enroll myself in a bible school, instead of a design or publishing course as I thought I’d wanted. The module is on the book of Acts, and I’ve been reading the familiar text in a fresh way. The background of the book, the principles behind the stories that we ought to apply in present days, the real possibility of accessing that same power experienced by the pioneer Christians nearly 2000 years ago, the fulfillment of the Old Testament prophecies… awe me each time I approach the Word. I pray that this will not be just an intellectual experience, but a life-changing one, which will always cause me to humble myself at the foot of the Cross. I don’t want to sound and seem spiritual, because there really isn’t anything to boast about. Smack me if you see through my pretense and don’t be afraid to refute me when I don’t practise what I preach, manz.
I’ve also committed myself to bring my nephew to an art class every Friday, for the next 3 months. This kid has a thing for drawing and colouring, and I hope this will kick-start his artist career somewhere down the road. =b Then he’ll remember me in his autobiography next time or something, hor? Hmm, anyway, someone needs to speak to his childcare teacher soon… They didn’t highlight to us about the wrong way he’s holding his pencil, nor correct him! That was the first thing the art teacher told me at the beginning of the class lor.
Not sure how it’ll go, but my ex-designer just proposed a co-venture. Ha, actually I’m honoured that she has chosen to discuss her idea with me. She’s one creative and easy-going person and I think we’ll work well together, judging from past experiences. I’m giving her a sample of my writing first, and see how things go from here. An exciting and fun venture, but not very sure if I can (in terms of skill and time) or should commit myself at this moment.
Commitment is indeed tiring.
Monday, January 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment