Stop Piracy!
I think I have done sufficiently well in responding to our gahmen’s call to stop piracy, looking at the list of movies that I’d watched in the theatres last year.
1. Ray — Story of Ray Charles. I remember going down on the day I took MC and watched it alone. The effort I took wasn’t well compensated though.
2. Hauru no ugoku shiro (Howl's Moving Castle) — 2D jap anime movie. Pretty adorable.
3. Hitch — Semi-funny. Not much educational value… except maybe the mini lesson on grooving to the muzak. Ha!
4. Madagascar — My fave of the year! I mean, which other animation movie has characters who look like their voiceovers? Soft, cuddly stuff never fail to win my vote.
5. Fantastic Four — Er… Ok lah… I guess…Forgettable Flick. Can’t remember much of it.
6. Qi jian (Seven Swords) — Watched this in China, then saw actual bits of the Tian Shan mountain range shown in the movie in Kazak after that.
7. Valiant — Boring pigeon cartoon!
8. Tim Burton's Corpse Bride — Nice and different 3D animation for a change.
9. Flightplan — Refreshing plot, but quite flawed (like, his whole plan couldn’t have proceeded if he didn’t kidnap the gal; and the gal wouldn’t be kidnapped had she and her mum not slept on the empty row of seats; which wouldn’t be empty if the plane were full…).
10. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire — Hmm, the graphics is still cool, but I think the first episode left a deeper impression.
11. Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit — The 11-minute “The Christmas Caper” featuring the Madagascar penguins entertains better than the main movie, though.
12. Chicken Little — Funny!!! Fish is my fave character, with his unbeatable attitude and incomprehensible bubbling understood only by his friends.
13. Pride & Prejudice — Ok lah.
14. Brazilian film fest: The Middle of The World (O Caminho Das Nuvens) — 3 other (bizarrian) short films followed the main movie, which is about a family of a couple with 5 kids travelling on bicycles through Brazil in search of better opportunities.
15. German film fest: Crossing the Bridge: The Sound of Istanbul — Musically and culturally rich. Very interesting way of blending old footages of singers and musicians with present video images of them performing the same song. I hope to get a copy of the soundtrack.
16. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe — Enjoyable… Convincing child actors. Especially memorable was Aslan’s sacrifice, which seems to parallel so much with Jesus’.
Wednesday, January 4, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment