Tuesday, October 18, 2005


Othello: From Mac to PC

Finally getting a new comp at work - after 4 weeks! Ok, partly my fault for procrastinating for 2 weeks. Now that I've got most of the specs figured out and know what I want (except: I read that CRT monitors offer better graphic display than LCDs, and supposedly my job fits into the graphics-heavy/'pro' category. Then what about CRT-Flat Panels? Best of both worlds? Hmmm... nah, i think i need the extra space on my table... Chic wins. Hehz.), I'll just have to diaL up Dell (sobz, not the Mac) and confirm the model/specs tomorrow.
Poor salesgirl. I'm gonna give her sth totally different from what she quoted me. Anyway, payment before delivery... Hopefully that won't take another 2 weeks. Mrs Scrooge wanted the interest-free monthly installment plan thingy. Processing that would prolly take some time, i suppose. *uRghz*



Now that I'm free from the ex-dungeon, I've got time to smell the flowers and, er, head back there again, it seems. Just got an offer from ex-collic to do freelance. Cool, never did 'freelance' stuff before. And never thought I'd actually do something for them again. But I guess it's more like doing a favour for them. Still feel bad somehow for leaving them at that point in time, though i'm not having regrets and now know that I had to. Same yucky worksheets by the bummer author, and same kind of deadline (from raw manuscripts to final by end of this month!)... prolly the same kind of $ too. But, no complaints... would appreciate the extra cash for sure. Hee. Flipping through the book the other day actually brought a surge of nostalgia and an unexpectedly nice feeling about the experience altogether. Hmm. =)

No comments: