Fullness of Love
Oft we ask, “What is Love?” (and some continue to describe the indescribable things that people do for love, “… that makes two yearn for each other even unto death.” – feeble attempt at translating the cheena version!) But perhaps the question should be, “Who is Love?”
”The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.” 1 John 4:8
Living in the fallen world means that the love we give and receive is limited, in depth and in extent. Is it CYnicism at work again or simply the truth? We can, and should, try to emulate the perfect love that we may choose to receive from the source of love, but it will never fail to disappoint at one point(s).
I see people say love and then, kill love. The hurt that one suffers… I can only imagine its full extent. And I shudder.
”There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear….” 1 John 4:18
The best lover is God himself, who proclaims His love by first demonstrating it.
”In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation [atonement] for our sins.” 1 John 4:10
Only when I can recognise and tap from Love, then can I continue to love in spite of being hurt.
”Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” 1 Cor 13
May it be that I will never forget the awe of being loved perfectly.
Sunday, July 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment